Water....drink 8 a day!
Updated: Apr 30
Keep on top of your hydration during your day to avoid the slump of dehydration.
Signs of dehydration:
- Tiredness/ Low energy
- Low concentration level
- Dry mouth
Practical and simple ways of reaching your 8 A Day:
- Start your morning with a glass of water.
- Drink a whole glass of water with each of your meals.
- Keep a bottle of water at your workstation/desk at work.
- Carry a water bottle with you when you are out and about.
- Set a reminder every 2 hours to encourage you to drink a glass of water.
Why is water so important?
50%-60% of an adult’s body weight is water and 92% of your blood is water. Water is needed in most bodily processes.
Some of the main functions of water are to carry nutrients (vitamins, minerals and energy) to cells and carry waste materials away. Water aids digestion and combats constipation. Water is also needed in tissues of organs such as eyes, lungs and air passages to keep them moist and it physically protects our organs.
Article author - Mia Mola-Wood
BA Nutrition and Health
Weight Management Consultant
Drink tap water! Refill your bottle! Save Money! Avoid plastic! Help the environment!